Wayne L. Westcott, Ph.D., is a Professor of Exercise Science at Quincy College and Fitness Research Director at the South Shore YMCA in Quincy, MA. He is strength training consultant for numerous national organizations, such as the American Council on Exercise, the American Senior Fitness Association, and the National Youth Sports Safety Foundation, and editorial advisor for many publications, including Prevention, Shape, and Club Industry magazines.
He is also author of 20 fitness books including the new releases Building Strength and Stamina, Strength Training Past 50, Strength Training for Seniors, Complete Conditioning for Golf, and Strength and Power for Young Athletes.
Dr. Westcott has been honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award from the International Association of Fitness Professionals, the Healthy American Fitness Leader Award from the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, and the Roberts-Gulick Award from the YMCA Association of Professional Directors, the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Governor’s Committee on Physical Fitness and Sports, and the NOVA 7 Exercise Program Award from Fitness Management Magazine.
- Strength & Power for Young Athletes, Human Kinetics, 2000.
- Complete Conditioning for Golf, Human Kinetics, 1999.
- Strength Training for Seniors, Human Kinetics, 1999.
- Strength Training Past 50 (Ageless Athlete Series) Human Kinetics Publishers, 1997.
- Building Strength and Stamina New Nautilus Training for Total Fitness, Human Kinetics Publishers, 1996.
- Strength Fitness Physiological Principles and Training Techniques, Fourth Edition, Wm. C. Brown Publishers, 1995.
- Nautilus Strength Training Certification Textbook, Nautilus 1995.
- Be Strong: Strength Training For Muscular Fitness For Men And Women, Wm. C. Brown Publishers, 1992.
- Personal Trainer Manual, American Council On Exercise, 1991. (Chapter On Muscular Strength And Endurance).
- Strength Fitness: Physiological Principles and Training Techniques, Third Edition, Wm. C. Brown Publishers, 1990.
- Keeping Fit, George W. Prescott Publishing Company, 1987.
- Strength Fitness: Physiological Principles and Training Techniques, Second Edition, Wm. C. Brown Publishers, 1987.
- Building Strength At The YMCA, Human Kinetics Publishers, 1987.
- Strength Fitness: Physiological Principles and Training Techniques, First Edition, Allyn and Bacon Publishers, 1982.
- Over 300 Articles in Professional Journals
- Weekly Newspaper Fitness Column
- Weekly Radio Fitness Show
- B.S. Pennsylvania State University 1971
- M.S. Pennsylvania State University 1974
- Ph.D. Ohio State University 1977
- Healthy American Fitness Leader Award, 1995, President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports
- Lifetime Achievement Award, 1993, IDEA: International Association of Fitness Professionals.
- Massachusetts Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Honor Award, 1993.
- American Heart Association Recognition Award, 1992.
- Association of Professional YMCA Directors Program Service Award, 1983.